Writer/Reporter at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
Guaranteed Rate is seeking an experienced digital journalist to create highly engaging blogs, marketing materials, email newsletters, magazine articles and more. We need a trained journalist with an eye for detail and the ability to turn ideas into various forms of content on demand. The perfect candidate is a continuous learner with an eye on emerging technologies that advance content marketing. This hard working multi-tasker has a passion for words, accuracy, visual story-telling and power of words to drive action.
- Impressive writing clips, links to your blog, website, marketing collateral.
- Ability to write for B2B and B2C clients within the real estate industry.
- Ability to be proactive, to work independently with little need for direction.
- Stickler for accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BA or BS Degree in Journalism, Integrated Marketing or Broadcast Communications.
- Experience in WordPress, Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Photoshop, JIRA, Trello, MailChimp.
- Strong SEO experience along with analytics.
- A copy editor’s eye with an emphasis on AP Style.
- Ability to conceive, pitch and create engaging content.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to switch from writing articles, to marketing collateral to landing pages.
- Must work well in a small team, highly collaborative environment.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.