Associate Systems Administrator at Club Automation (Chicago, IL)
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.
As an Associate Systems Administrator, you are responsible for supporting Daxko’s internal systems and users. To be successful in this role, you should have experience explaining complex solutions to intricate problems and will thrive on helping people reach their goals. We're looking for team-focused, highly motivated professionals with backgrounds in IT.
The Associate Systems Administrator reports to the Manager, IT Operations.
You will also:
- Troubleshoot computer hardware and software issues
- Install hardware and software
- Set up A/V (audio/visual) for various meetings
- Update ticketing system to reflect work in progress or completed
- Handle printer break/fix issues
- Research pricing information and purchasing for team member IT needs
- Interface directly with internal customers with a professional and positive demeanor
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience executing IT project tasks and assisting end-users
- Experience troubleshooting end-user computers, tablets, smartphones, and networking issues
- Ability to resolve basic to advanced hardware, software, and network connectivity problems
- Ability to communicate advanced technical information in an easy to understand way for end-users who may not have the same level of experience and/or knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work constructively (a.k.a. patiently) with the entire Daxko Team
- Proficiency with:
- Platforms including Dell, Apple, Windows, MacOS, and MS Office Suite
- Active Directory, Open Directory, or other LDAP frontend applications
- VPN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Cloud applications such as Dropbox, Office 365, etc.
- Systems management applications such as Teamviewer, Kace, etc.
- Learning new systems fast and being comfortable with change
Bonus points for:
- Computer Science degree
- Experience with IT ticketing systems, such as SpiceWorks, SysAid, Kace, osTicket, Jira, etc.
- Experience with desktop virtualization including VMware Fusion, Citrix, and/or VirtualBox
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.