Data Operations Manager (Vendor Management)
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manage a team of up to twenty Associates and Specialists, including a Team Lead and Team Coordinator
- Strategize and define the team’s daily/monthly/quarterly goals & priorities
- Held accountable by the Sr. Data Operations Manager for team’s ability to hit goals/KPIs and is expected to communicate the team’s progress towards all goals to the Sr. Data Operations Manager and cross-functional stakeholders
- Anticipate and prepare for significant impacts/changes to the team through the use of reports and statistical analysis as well as consistent communication about ongoing and future projects
- Lead continuous improvement, customer experience and change management efforts on a recurring basis, as needed
- Maintain the optimal team headcount by continuously forecasting staffing needs and communicating needs to human resources, staffing agencies and training team
- Support the Team Lead and Coordinator with escalated issues from Associates and Specialists, restaurants and other internal departments
- Coach and support all team members with their career development on a monthly basis
- Create and maintain a fun culture and environment in alignment with the Grubhub values
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience managing resources
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher preferred
- Able to create reports in Salesforce.com is preferred
- Able to use mathematical functions, create charts and pivots tables in Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience working with vendors
- Experience in sales or customer service is preferred
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Effective communicator with a knack for articulating the problem and collaborating across teams
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.