Store Code: Sourcing Support (27230)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
Supports Imports infrastructure, International sourcing activities and Import / Export process across the organization (ex. Private Brands, GM, opportunity buys, Fresh, etc.). Manage and support all activities including compliance with relevant local, country and international customs laws and processes to ensure items are compliant with government agencies and company policies. Identify risks, build mitigation plans, end to end process and market across teams.
The role will be expected to:
- Build imports infrastructure and partner across key (brands, finance, supply chain, operations, compliance, financial shared services, etc.).
- Supports and leads reviewing opportunities to source products internationally (review items, sources, document process, navigate / mitigate challenges, and build partnerships to facilitate process).
- Partner with selected 3rd parties to share internal processes, set up support and communicate with all vested stakeholders.
- Facilitates invoicing, tax implications, label requirements, DC needs, freight forwarders and timely delivery.
- Leads and support financial / cost analysis of items submitted for imports and identify opportunities for future imports.
- Executes import of goods for the brands of AD and look for new items. Ensures processes are executed to ensure compliance and protect the AD brands from potential fines. Executes overall import process and resolves issues (FDA, supply chain, costing, etc.)
- Logistics - interface with receiver, internal teams, DCs and coordinates shipments with freight forwarder.
- Review customs documentation, plan / arrange shipments, research company location, FDA registration, facility documentation and FSVP process.
- Processes and resolves all invoicing, tax implications, label requirements and communication needs related to import/export.
- Facilitates process between Supply Chain and freight forwarder to ensure timeline delivery.
- Serve as an advocate and partner with brands to share benefits and market team through communications, presentations, and meetings.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Project manage the Imports analysis and / or operational process (item selection, evaluation, 3rd party support, booking, shipment, accounting).
- Support in process to identify new items, financial analysis, next steps and facilitate process to Import items.
- Support activities to grow the organization with mitigation plans for challenges, identify opportunities to improve and support in creating presentations.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to manage items through the analysis, set up and operational process. Support post sourcing / imports review for COE.
- Build and support activities such as cost analysis, PO creation, replenishment orders, scheduling, coordination, vendor set up, freight costs, vendor payments, cross functional meeting participation, project management, FSVP review, leading supplier / internal meetings and creating / sharing reporting.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- 4+ years of related Sourcing, Negotiating, Category, & vendor management experience (preferred).
- This role is 80% task drive vs strategy.
- Sourcing, Negotiation.
- Project Management/Facilitation.
- Change Management.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Presentation skills (both developing & delivering).
- Demonstrated facilitation skills over multiple media types (video conferences, TEAMS, Skype, conference calls, in-person meetings, etc.) with varying size groups (typically 5-25).
- International Sourcing, imports experience and / or related.
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 216993_external_USA-IL-Chicago