Analyst, Marketing Strategy & Operations
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are looking for an Analyst who will support the high-performance Marketing Strategy & Analytics team. He/she will be responsible for managing the advertising budget inclusive of: managing the invoice and accrual process for the department, forecasting spend, analyzing results and recommending strategic investment decisions. The role will be based in Chicago and report to the Sr. Manager of Strategy andAnalytics. The Analyst will have the opportunity to work for one of the fastest-growing consumer brands in the US with a Sales and Marketing budget of ~$200M annually.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Collaborating with all budget stakeholders on a weekly basis to produce precise spend forecasts
- Drive budget alignment with Senior Leadership
- Working cross-functionally with Finance and Accounting to provide forecast and actual spend updates
- Lead quarterly planning and forecasting process across the entire department
- Work closely with media optimization team to ensure accuracy of historical investment data, and to facilitate learning and spend optimization opportunities
- Work with channel managers directly to uncover spend shortfalls, misallocations and other issues
- Be the first to alert team members about growth investment opportunities
- Field requests from within and without the marketing team to perform deep dives and root cause analyses around spend and budget
- Build improved tools to collect, manage, and track investment forecasts across marketing; incorporate automation wherever possible
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Expert-level Excel skills
- Strong interest in business analytics
- Keen business acumen and strong attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn marketing and/or e-commerce
- Passion for process improvement
Got These? Even Better:
- Relevant experience or course work in marketing, accounting, budget management
- Experience with SQL and/or Tableau
- Ability to work collaboratively with many stakeholders
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interest in building tools and processes to improve our budget management process
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.