Analyst, Sales Operations at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, as a Sales Operations Analyst you will conduct extensive market research and provide sales support to enable our organization to build primary care networks across newly identified market opportunities.
Integral to our Sales Operations team, you will handle a wide variety of projects to support and improve the organization’s coordination and follow-up with sales prospects including reporting and documentation. You will receive foundational training in healthcare that will provide a launch pad to grow your career. As a new member of our team, you’ll be part of a larger group responsible for the ongoing communication with interested physicians and practices.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be leading at VillageMD?
- Conduct extensive market research analysis prior to entering a market to determine specific details on provider status within a geographic region
- Gather data about competitors and market conditions, including market trends/opportunities, competitor activity, product and service offerings, and new business opportunities
- Assist in work across internal stakeholder teams including executive leadership, marketing and market development teams to effectively manage and deliver on the sales process
- Track and support the strategic deal process through workplan management, documentation of meeting minutes, and preparation of presentation materials
- Manage organizational sales reporting including pipeline management, data analysis, analytic insight and presentation, using data to refine and focus sales approach
What will make you successful here?
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- An inclination towards team-based work product and results
- Capability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills
- Proven experience and desire to develop and nurture teams
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Aggregate and analyze market data to mature and refine our market prioritization methodology.
- Supply intelligence around potential partners’ (e.g. medical groups, hospitals, and health plans) leadership teams, current service offerings, and historical performance.
- Develop and regularly update a comprehensive report highlighting market insights, industry trends and competitive intelligence for internal leadership teams.
- Produce monthly sales pipeline reports to understand growth opportunity and support continued in-market growth.
- Travel as necessary to markets for further support and align with market business development
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Genuine interest in or connection to the healthcare industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Excellent time management, communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Proven experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Demonstrated relationship development and management skills
- Proven ability to qualify and follow-up on leads from various sources
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.