Arity-Data Scientist-Sr Manager at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
At Arity, our Analytics team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. They not only know how to analyze and find meaning within the data, but are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. They work with a treasure trove of massive data sets every day-after all, Arity is constantly collecting and deciphering billions of miles of driving data. And as our data continues to grow by the second, our Analytics teammates grow right alongside it. We give them the opportunity to model and visualize that data to create innovative products, working side-by-side with our diverse product teams. The insights uncovered by the Analytics team help catalyze groundbreaking solutions for our customers and are a driving force in making transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone. Personally, we think that's pretty game-changing stuff.
As Senior Manager of the Applied Data Science team, you will be responsible for leading and inspiring a world-class group of data scientists, data analytics engineers and business analytics consultants spread across several product development teams. You will drive results focused on tailoring our telematics data and analytics capabilities for insurance, shared mobility and mobile app customers. You will help us recruit and retain top talent and have a key voice in the analytics operations at Arity. You will also create and support our business strategy by being a strong voice of the customer from an analytics lens.
Your day-to-day looks like:
- Be a servant leader for several data science managers engaged with cross-functional product development teams through coaching and mentoring
- Help the Arity Product organization translate our strategic vision into roadmaps and priorities using data science expertise
- Play a strong role in Arity's ongoing management team discussions, where we evolve our strategy and tactics and address operational issues
- Drive continuous improvement of data science & data engineering practices and tools to create world-class capabilities
- Support sales and customer success efforts by demonstrating our analytics maturity coupled with humility and empathy
- Build the Arity brand by engaging in conferences, meetups, blogs and other external public engagements
- Drive recruiting by leading efforts to build relationships in the industry, attend career fairs and create strong interviewing pipelines
- Extensive data science and machine learning experience in a business context, including tools in Python, R and popular frameworks such as TensorFlow
- Highly innovative thought leaders who envision and articulate radical change
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with high ambiguity and the ability to inspire others to embrace these conditions
- Proven champions of agile product development practices
- Respected by peers for their technical prowess
- Excellent interpersonal communicators and collaborators with both technical and non-technical team members
- Competitive with themselves while being humble
Deep expertise in at least one of the following:
- Insurance operations such as pricing, underwriting and claims
- Shared mobility operations like fleet and driver management
- Partnering with big tech, telecom, and mobile app companies to develop data and analytic solutions to create value and impact
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.