Arity-Geospatial Data Science Manager at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Arity Analytics team combines technical knowledge in fields such as mathematics, computer programming, and data engineering and ETL, software development, and high-performance computing – with traditional business expertise with the goal of extracting meaning from data to optimize future business decisions. We're passionate about learning new disciplines and techniques to deliver top-notch analytics products. Armed with billions of miles of driving data, we constantly challenge ourselves to seek out opportunities for new products and ways to make our existing offerings better. Our purpose is to extract meaning from data to make Arity's vision of safer, smarter and more useful transportation a reality. The Data Scientist family is accountable for using data to make decisions, which includes building predictive models and developing new machine learning techniques that enable better decision making in order to achieve goals. The Data Scientist Family requires Analytic Agility, the ability to quickly learn new modeling/machine learning techniques, programming languages, and see how these ideas can integrate to optimize the business.
This role leads an analytics team tasked with the development and validation of Arity's geospatial toolset, a strategic component of our mobility analytics platform. This toolset includes a diverse library of map layers (zones, road attributes, places of interest, telematics aggregations, insurance data aggregations, weather), the infrastructure supporting storage and query for these map layers at high throughout, a set of geospatial algorithms, and visualization. An ideal candidate will have a technical background in geospatial analytics, a product-focus, and a passion for managing people.
- Manages a team of Data Analytics Engineers and Data Scientists responsible for development and validation of Arity's geospatial toolset.
- Utilizes analytical techniques to derive insight to drive the business.
- Works with cross-functional partners including Product and Engineering to define requirements, develop and validate solutions, and implement products across multiple channels.
- Works with cross-vertical colleagues to deliver solutions amenable to downstream analytical products.
- Brings thought leadership to evolve this newly formalized team, introduce new technologies, and develop efficient, re-usable, and scalable software.
- Degree in a quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative field.
- Experience managing an analytics team in highly dynamic environment.
- Uses and learns a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., Python, Spark, data lakes, in-memory databases).
- Expertise in geospatial data and query patterns; familiarity with geospatial or networking algorithms.
- Experience working with stakeholders and leaders to define data and analytics products and messaging.
- Knowledge of advanced modeling techniques, experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models.
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise.
- Optional: Familiarity with Map Tile storage and query mechanisms
- Optional: Experience with streaming technologies (e.g., Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming, Storm
- Optional: Experience with creating and supporting Geoportals
- Optional: Experience with Geographical Information Systems software
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.