Arity- Junior Data Analytics Engineer - Trip Intelligence
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
At Arity, our Analytics team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. They not only know how to analyze and find meaning within the data, but are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. They work with a treasure trove of massive data sets every day-after all, Arity is constantly collecting and deciphering billions of miles of driving data. And as our data continues to grow by the second, our Analytics teammates grow right alongside it. We give them the opportunity to model and visualize that data to create innovative products, working side-by-side with our diverse product teams. The insights uncovered by the Analytics team help catalyze groundbreaking solutions for our customers and are a driving force in making transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone. Personally, we think that's pretty game-changing stuff.
This role is responsible for the development and use of data infrastructure and proof-of-concept business solutions within the Trip Intelligence team of Arity's Data Science organization. This role collaborates with Data Scientists and Data Analytics Engineers on tactical and strategic solutions. This role leads the development of telematics data ETL projects from inception and prototyping to fully deployed solutions. This is a highly dynamic position that requires a great degree of flexibility. An ideal candidate will have analytic agility and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements/needs, new technologies, and data sources. This role requires close integration and partnership with the applied Data Science teams.
- Utilize a multidisciplinary approach to solving data analytics problems, combining technical expertise with analytics and business knowledge
- Process and maintain high-volume sensor and Internet of Things data
- Work with Data Scientists and business partners on embedded cross functional teams; developing subject matter expertise as well as advanced analytics skills
- Participate in building requirements to develop analytic data sources for use by data scientists, researchers, and business users
- Leverage the data infrastructure, such as AWS S3 and Hadoop, required to support needs of data science and analytics
- Leverage "agile" data analysis with technology fluency in parallel processing/programming, software/programming languages and analytical technologies, such as Spark and Scala
- Provide input to the team with test scripts, execute testing, and work with data scientists and business to ensure end user acceptance
- Facilitate deployment of predictive models in production using technologies such as Flink, Cassandra, or containers
- Provide support to team on the development of corporate research data files, information platforms, or data spaces designed for exploring and understanding the data
- Demonstrate analytic agility to meet fluid and dynamic business needs in this space
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics
- Experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that have driven company decision making preferred
- Strong Python coding skills (Scala, a plus)
- Computer Proficiency in Linux, SQL, and bash
- Familiarity with AWS
- Analytic, Data Sourcing, and Content Management skills
- Experience in time and task management
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment