Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
At Arity, our Analytics team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. They not only know how to analyze and find meaning within the data, but are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. They work with a treasure trove of massive data sets every day-after all, Arity is constantly collecting and deciphering billions of miles of driving data. And as our data continues to grow by the second, our Analytics teammates grow right alongside it. We give them the opportunity to model and visualize that data to create innovative products, working side-by-side with our diverse product teams. The insights uncovered by the Analytics team help catalyze groundbreaking solutions for our customers and are a driving force in making transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone. Personally, we think that's pretty game-changing stuff.
This role is the lead data scientist on the Geospatial Team tasked with the development and validation of Arity's geospatial toolset, a strategic component of our mobility analytics platform. This toolset includes a diverse library of map layers (zones, road attributes, places of interest, telematics aggregations, insurance data aggregations, weather), the infrastructure supporting storage and query for these map layers at high throughout, a set of geospatial algorithms, and visualization. An ideal candidate will have a technical background in geospatial analytics, machine learning, and data-driven validation.
- Collaborates in the development of innovative geospatial algorithms.
- Leads validation of Arity's geospatial solutions.
- Utilizes analytical techniques to derive insight and visualization to drive the business.
- Works with cross-functional partners including Product and Engineering to define requirements and implement products across multiple channels.
- Works with cross-vertical colleagues to deliver solutions amenable to downstream analytical products.
- Degree in a quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative field.
- Uses and learns a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., Python, Spark, data lakes, in-memory databases).
- Expertise in geospatial data and query patterns; familiarity with geospatial or networking algorithms.
- Experience working with stakeholders and leaders to define data and analytics products and messaging.
- Knowledge of advanced modeling techniques, experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models.
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise.
- Optional: Familiarity with Map Tile storage and query mechanisms
- Optional: Experience with streaming technologies (e.g., Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming, Storm
- Optional: Experience with creating and supporting Geoportals
- Optional: Experience with Geographical Information Systems software
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.