Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is an Associate Actuary at Clearcover?
Actuaries at Clearcover are natural problem solvers who act with urgency and focus. They support the Insurance department’s objective of developing and maintaining Insurance products that can deliver sustainable growth. As a proven insurance professional they also exert broad influence throughout Clearcover’s technology centered organization.
What will you do?
- Assist in the development of new insurance products
- Support multi-state expansion including, but not limited to, rate development, rate filings, and technology support
- Leading and/or building predictive models to support customer lifetime value scoring for both potential and current customers
- Building actuarial tools to support trending, loss development, reserving, forecasting, rate measurements, segmentation, etc.
- Assisting with the development of actuarial methodologies
- Assisting with the monthly IBNR reserving process
- Building and leading a small team of actuarial analysts to accomplish company objectives
- Collaborating with Tech Product, Growth, Finance, and Claims on cross functional projects
What do you need?
- Associate/Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven thought leader
- Experience with machine learning in insurance applications
- Technical abilities in R/SQL/Python/Excel
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and to challenge the status quo
- Strong decision making and relationship building skills
- Alignment with Clearcover core values
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social