Associate, Business Intelligence/Analytics at OppLoans
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
At OppLoans, our ecosystem of data and processes is growing and becoming more complex (in a good way). You are a quantitative problem-solver who will analyze our business to improve processes and maximize conversion rate. You will never stop asking, “How can we do this better?”
As a Business Intelligence Associate, you love absorbing and analyzing data, and telling compelling stories through your analyses. You are comfortable with technology systems, and your first instinct to problem-solving is to roll up your sleeves and dive in.
- Lead the daily trending analyses of our KPIs. Enhance our automated monitoring systems, and create better visualization frameworks to increase the accessibility of our data. Research and create new KPIs that guide our business.
- Combine and analyze both structured and unstructured data to create meaningful analyses. Extract, segment, and report on data in clear graphs, charts and other visualizations. Provide strategic recommendations based on the data to improve our business.
- Help build algorithms that breathe more intelligence into our existing systems, such as automation for decision-making, customer routing, and call strategies.
- Be unafraid to break existing rules, reimagine new processes, and build them. Focus not just on Data, but Data + Action.
- Source and implement new technology solutions that expand our Analytics toolkit.
- You will be the intersection of Business, Data, and Finance. This highly-visible role is the central hub to important partners across several teams such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, Bizops, Credit, and Technology.
- 1-3 years of experience in data analytics.
- Experience with SQL/R/Python and data visualization tools such as Periscope, Tableau, etc.)
- Creative and imaginative problem solver who is excited to learn and identify opportunities.
- Ability to translate data analysis into action.
- Have demonstrated quantifiable, high-impact achievements in previous roles. Keen focus on execution with a bias towards action.
- Experience in building supervised and unsupervised machine learning models is a plus.
- Past experience in a high-growth startup or the financial services industry is a plus.
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dress code is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].