Associate Research Manager at Nielsen Global Connect
ASSOCIATE RESEARCH MANAGER - OFFSITE
ABOUT THIS JOB
With best in class research, analytical tools and client partnership, Nielsen’s Walmart team tackles some of the most exciting marketing and merchandising research challenges in retail and ecommerce. At Nielsen, you will work with industry leading marketers and see your work come to life. Not only will you have some of the world’s most trusted and powerful research tools at your disposal, you’ll be partnered with one of the world’s most powerful and innovative clients. This means your work won’t sit on a shelf gathering dust. You’ll see the impact of your work and its effect on the marketplace. Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward thinking. Join the Primary Research team and work with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver and an innovator.
- Accountable for high quality client deliverables with limited feedback required
- Oversee research process and work with Nielsen research teams, operations and clients to ensure on-time and on-quality delivery of research projects.
- Deliver high quality findings without data errors and inconsistencies
- Direct research plans, questionnaires, interpretation, preparation of final reports and presentations
- Partner other research team members to report findings as cohesive stories
- Incorporate methodologies and tools from across the Nielsen portfolio of research solutions when appropriate
- Develop research findings and data summaries into client facing presentations and story lines
- Directly correspond with clients in relation to project works
- Work within the client's survey platform to design, program, field, analyze and report findings
- Work effectively with internal and external research partners for project pricing, sampling, programming and data deliverable needs
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You are a strong analytical thinker, with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills. You have the ability to manage projects and deadlines independently, prioritize and meet deadlines. You are able to create order from ambiguous research objectives, and you are a trusted advocate for clients and their business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, research, economics, computer science or social science. (Master’s degree highly preferred).
- 5+ years experience in project management in a client/service provider setting.
- Experience managing primary research projects including internal or external service suppliers.
- Solid understanding of research methods and statistical techniques
- Strong conceptual and quantitative skills.
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint; experience with SPSS and desired data visualization software.
- Ability to understand market research results and use these results along with in-market data to pull together a story.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.