Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a Big Data Engineer you will help design, build and and maintain big data pipelines responsible for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions. You will be part of a growing team to develop IAS’ capability in video ad verification, analytics and anti ad fraud software products.
What you’ll do:
- Work on Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, and/or Spark in columnar databases on AWS
- Design, code and maintain components for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions
- Contribute to the entire software lifecycle including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, deployment, and documentation for streaming & batch ETL and RESTful APIs
- Work collaboratively in an awesome team
- Exposure to building production level systems in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Building event-driven microservices applications using spring boot or gRPC
- Orchestrating data pipelines using tools such as Airflow
- Gain familiarity with messaging frameworks like Kafka or RabbitMQ
You should apply if you have most of this:
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of recent hands-on experience in object oriented language (Java, Scala, Python)
- Solid understanding of database fundamentals, good knowledge of SQL
- Experience developing data pipelines or data intensive applications
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
- Strong knowledge of collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- Experience in full software development, Agile, and continuous integration / deployment
- In-depth understanding of object oriented programming concepts and functional programming concepts
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.