Big Data QA Engineer at Epsilon (Chicago, IL)
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
You will be an integral member of our Data QA Team, working side by side with project managers, developers and other engineering teams to build quality into our applications at every state of development. The successful candidate will be part of a high-performing development team. At Conversant our applications process 150 billions events resulting in more than 30 TB of data per day, hence we need to make sure the quality of our data is always high. If you consider yourself a data detective, come me and join the Data Pipeline QA team at Conversant, where our passion is to find bugs, track them down and eliminate them. We do this by using the latest Big Data tools and frameworks like Hadoop, Flume, Kafka, Hive, MapReduce, Spark, Hbase, Cassandra among others.
- Test applications against business requirements to assure alignment between businesses needs, the written requirements and the software delivered.
- Write, revise and execute test plans that will efficiently test the quality of our software applications
- Proactively assess risks and help to find issues as early as possible
- Write automated integration tests using Java or Scala. You will be writing code to break code.
- Develop utility scripts to test, track, and verify defects in software program
- Participation in release process by assuring only quality software is released to production.
- Manage multiple project tasks simultaneously
- Create new and maintain existing documentation for testing the team’s applications
- Help to improve our software development process by building in automated integration and regression test suites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related course work or job experience)
- At least 1.5 years of previous testing experience, preferably backend testing
- Organized with attention to detail
- Self-started and be able to work independently
- Team player with strong entrepreneurial attitude
- Passion for self-improvement and continual learning
- Analytical and curious mind with interest in interpreting data
- Enthusiastic about helping to deliver high-quality applications, and love to break things and track down bugs
- Working knowledge of Java or similar programming languages
- Basic understanding of SQL preferred
- Unafraid to write code to break code
- Experience with any part of Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Spark,Hive,Hbase,Cassandra, etc.) a plus
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.