Positioned at Publicis Groupe's core, Epsilon is a leader in interaction management, empowering brands to transform ordinary customer experiences into meaningful, human experiences. Through a connected suite of products and services, Epsilon combines leading-edge identity management, industrial strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over five decades working with the industry’s top brands. Our human-powered, data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help brands turn meaningful human interactions into exceptional business outcomes.
Epsilon is seeking a Big Data Solutions Associate to participate in our New Grad Program. The Big Data Solutions Associate role allows you to explore three separate rotations throughout our Data Warehouse, Hadoop and Marketplace teams. As a Big Data Solutions Associate, you’ll be working at a petabyte scale and in an ever-changing technology stack. You will work with operational teams on the creation of new datasets collected from the billions of internet interactions that Epsilon sees every day. You will also gain an understanding of how Epsilon receives data offline from its customers and will work closely with many of our internal teams.
As a participant in the New Grad Program, you will have the opportunity to fast-track your career with Epsilon. The program includes an 8-week training curriculum (both professional & job specific training), a formal mentoring partnership, various networking opportunities (speed networking events, leader meet & greets, group lunches and social events), and long-term career guidance.
Responsibilities May Include (All or Some) Tasks Below:
· Enable a data driven organization mine through it’s vast collection of data assets
- Support the technical infrastructure on multiple MPP database platforms, including connectivity/cross querying abilities in Hadoop clusters
- Develop code, data tables, and reports to support client-facing custom analytics
- Create efficiencies through automation or enhancement of existing processes
- Aid in the design and creation of data and reporting systems for media modeling and optimization efforts
- Actively participate in the development of complex data initiatives, including gathering of requirements, technical specifications and prototyping
- Bachelor’s degree with Technical concentration preferred
- Basic understanding of SQL preferred
- Linux command line interface experience a plus
- Experience in Python, Perl or other scripting languages or developing inside of a BI tool suite a plus
- Experience with MapReduce and/or any other Hadoop base experience a plus
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a team and build effective relationships
- Self-starter, with strong initiative and an entrepreneurial attitude
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.