Business Analyst at closerlook, inc.
We are seeking a Business Analyst who can work independently or with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. This requires high proficiency in IT requirements documentation and experience with custom web applications based on Microsoft technologies. closerlook's Business Analyst works with members of the Software Development, Quality Assurance, User Experience, and Project Management teams to help create innovative, high-quality web applications, advanced reports and digital offerings for our clients in the pharmaceutical industry. The Business Analyst ensures requirements are addressed before a technical solution is designed and implemented. The Business Analyst plays a key role in the closerlook project lifecycle and ensures that the final deliverable meets client expectations and adds to the bottom line.
Requirements Planning & Analysis
- Determine a project’s requirements by extracting them from documentation, as well as from the Account Manager, Project Manager, Strategist and clients, through interaction and research.
- Anticipate requirements that may be needed in the future.
- Maintain focus on core project need and not user’s personal preferences, functions related to trends or outdated processes, or other non-essential modifications.
- Translate project requirements to technical requirements. This includes analysis of strategic project objectives to practical technical solutions.
Supports closerlook’s Agile process
- Participates in scrum meetings; communicates a detailed understanding of scope, requirements, and deliverables of projects.
- Acts as a resource to clarify and scope tasks for members of the Agile team.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; recommending and/or designing modifications.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ relevant experience.
- Experience with commercial ERP, CRM, and/or Marketing Automation Systems required.
- Experience with SQL based database systems, T-SQL preferred.
- Salesforce.com, Marketo experience preferred.
- Proven skills documenting business project requirements.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated change management experience amongst executives, managers and end‑users.
- Prior experience in high-tech or software company operations is preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Effectively copes with change; ability to shift gears; can decide and act without having the total picture; embraces when things are up in the air.
- Curiosity – Possess a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- Fast-paced – Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Informing – Provides information people need to know to do their jobs; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes success and failures as clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Skilled – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material or support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Teamwork – Demonstrates teamwork skills, including mentoring and developing junior staff.
- Thought Partner – Ability to be a strong thought-partner to cross-functional colleagues.
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
- At closerlook, equality for all is a core value that’s at the heart of what matters. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive culture across race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, mental health, and physical ability. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation — in a safe environment so everyone can be their authentic selves. By valuing and promoting our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences as strengths, we are positioned to best serve patients, healthcare professionals, and the communities around us.