Business Analyst at Vail Systems, Inc.
Vail Systems is seeking a Business Analyst to join the Product Management team. As a Business Analyst, you will be expected to synthesize customer needs into technical and design requirements for application development and drive execution of a user-centric design philosophy. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
What you'll do:
- Understand requirements, product specifications, client landscape, and overall business needs
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external) and the software engineers, quality assurance (QA) team, and user experience (UX) team through which requirements flow.
- Document business and technical requirements for new features
- Collaborate with Product and UX team to prototype features
- Create user story requirements and acceptance criteria to clearly communicate requirements to software engineers, QA team, and UX team
- Work with product team to set development priorities
- Partner with the QA team to build and execute test cases
- Establish requirements for collection of product performance metrics (feature usage, user behavior, etc.) that will provide actionable insights for product enhancements
- Produce product performance reports post feature release
- Frequent client interaction on product/application performance, release cycles and future planning
- Demonstrate product/market expertise when answering questions from stakeholders, engineers, and support personnel regarding product features
- Continually seek out process improvements that could deliver value to the customer
- 1 - 4 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field and experience
- Strong analytics skills with the ability to thoroughly understand how to interpret customer needs and translate them into application requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills
- Experience with documentation and ticketing systems
- Familiarity with Agile practices
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables) and other MS Office suite tools
- Telecom knowledge or work experience
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Working knowledge of wire-framing tools such as MS Visio
- Competency with SQL for MS SQLServer, or similar databases
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization software
- Prior work experience in a customer-facing role
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that just can’t be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to shape your perception and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics, Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
At Vail Systems we strive to cultivate a supportive culture of continuous learning where employees are encouraged to achieve both personal and team goals by providing innovative telephony solutions that enhance customer contact center experiences. We entrust our employees to work autonomously and also encourage contribution to the decision-making process in a highly collaborative environment where open communication is fostered amongst teams. Product development is centered around the end user to ensure Vail’s products are efficient, productive and add value for our clients.