Business Analyst at Grubhub
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for a data-driven, business-minded, results-oriented Business Analyst to join our Care Organization. The Care Reporting & Analytics team is the analytical engine of the Care organization - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the Care Leadership team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities. This role reports to the Manager, Data & Reporting.
To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven and a strong communicator. It’s also important that you’re self-motivated and have a “whatever it takes” attitude. Oh and of course, providing stellar customer service is a must.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build out and maintain a reporting platform to display organizational dashboards, vendor performance metrics, manager performance metrics, and agent level performance
- Work with data engineering team to build new tables critical for understanding the business
- Perform advanced analytics to better understand the critical drivers of our business – including but not limited to diner behavior, restaurant relationships, product engagement, and market-specific performance
- Effective analysis is only possible with good data - be a champion of data accessibility, accuracy and quality for the Finance team by partnering with our Data and Technology groups
- Prepare KPI reports distributed daily, weekly and monthly to the Executive and Senior Teams
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit
- Improve customer care workflow and suggest opportunities for increased efficiency through trend and data analysis
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirement
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
You Should Have
- BA/BS required
- 4+ years of analytical experience, preferably within contact centers
- 4+ years of experience querying large data sets for analytics and reporting
- 1+ years building dashboards in Tableau, Qlik or similar enterprise business intelligence tools
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to effectively communicate and explain metrics across all levels of the organization
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
And Of Course, Perks!
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge. .
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.