Business Intelligence Developer
where great ideas win
In every office around the world, InnerWorkings offers an entrepreneurial culture that sets ambitious goals and looks beyond the status quo.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
We are currently hiring a BI Developer to join our Chicago team.
- Document new reporting features or bugs from both internal and external users
- Coordinate testing of reports with users
- Manage an accurate and visible task and project list and meet regularly for input on prioritization.
- Analyzes data, identifies trends and outliers, and recommends solutions when appropriate.
- Coordinate with team members overseas
- Create and maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures; this includes documentation and writing SQL stored procedures.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders. This will involve using T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, and other report writing tools.
- Willingness to learn new reporting technologies such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, or Qlikview
- Participate in physical and virtual meetings as required to facilitate functional requirement gathering and report development.
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods
- Assist with project management activities by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; tracking activities, resolving problems, and publishing progress reports.
- Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to users.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technology related discipline
- 4+ Years work experience
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Suite (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills related to data analysis and manipulation
- Proven ability to document and prioritize issues raised by others
- Ability to prioritize tasks and directly support the department managers.
- Good troubleshooting and error isolation skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.