Campus: Data Scientist (2021 Start) at Optiver
Optiver is looking for entry level Data Scientists in our Chicago office. At Optiver you will leverage statistical analysis and data mining to assist in developing new trading strategies as well as refine existing ones. You will be responsible for quantitative analysis, research, and tool development. As members of the Trading Team, Data Scientists sit on our trading floor and collaborate with Traders to understand and solve complex problems.
What you’ll do:
- Quantitatively analyze trade and market data
- Use a multitude of mathematical techniques to identify patterns in financial markets
- Collaborate with Traders and Data Scientists to develop strategies based on identified patterns
- Rigorously back-test prototyped trading strategies
What you’ll need:
- 0-1 year of internship or research experience
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science or STEM related field
- Proficiency with Python
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Experience with large data sets
- The ability to think independently and work collaboratively with Traders and Developers
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker specializing in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies.
Put simply, we improve the markets. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being. It requires intelligence, obviously. But in this industry, that’s table stakes. We’re seeking traders, software engineers and interns who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.