CD Desk Analyst
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 4,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $20 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company.
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated full time TRID Desk Analyst to join our innovative and passionate team.
Required Skills and Traits — We Work with the Best of the Best:
- Clear focus on detail and ability to recognize inconsistencies in data/documents.
- Knowledge of Qualified Mortgage regulations
- Detailed knowledge of Closing and Legal Documents (HUD-1, Note, Deed of Trust, Assignment, Title Binder) and:
- Disclosure Documents (TIL, GFE, Right of Rescission, State-specific)
- FHA/VA/USDA Loan Documents
- Credit Documents (DU/LP Findings, 1003, 1008, Credit Report, VVOE, Appraisal)
- Insurance Documents (Hazard, Flood, MI)
- Knowledge of MDIA Disclosure timing and APR rules.
- Knowledge of TILA/RESPA LE/CD fee tolerance comparisons and change of circumstance.
- Understanding of compliance, origination, closing, or processing roles.
- Understanding fee tolerances, how to handle tolerance violations, when 3 day wait periods apply.
- Review Mavent specific to TRID messages, fee compliance and APR tolerances to ensure there are no issues.
- Preparing the CD out of Encompass.
- Ensure the CD is fully complete and accurate and compliant which includes but is not limited to:
- Lender and seller credits are itemized.
- POC credits are itemized.
- Fees are listed in the correct sections.
- Fee entries are correct.
- Escrows set up properly.
- Ensure the CD is not sent earlier than 7 days before closing.
- Keep TRID form in LOS system up to date:
- Ensure all date entries are completed to ensure accurate reporting and to ensure Loan Officer (and team) have visibility to the steps that have been completed.
- Update status notes within the TRID form regarding communication with Loan Officer, borrower or settlement agent.
- Monitor pipeline to:
- Settlement agents are entering and confirming fees in a timely manner.
- VPs are approving CDs in a timely manner.
- CDs are being delivered to applicable parties in a timely manner.
- Borrowers are signing the CDs at least 3 days before closing.
- Interacting with the Loan Officer (and team).
- Interacting with the Settlement Agent.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.