Chief Cloud Data Architect at Productive Edge
The Productive Edge Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Practice provides advanced technology solutions and strategies that propel our clients into the modern data age. Our PE teams turn the promise of AI and Machine Learning into practical solutions that empower differentiated customer experiences, predictive insights, and transformational business outcomes. Likewise, PE’s “Modern Data Management Framework” and Agile-centric methodology enable us to achieve impactful results rapidly and efficiently.
As the Chief Cloud Data Architect, you are the technical leader of the PE Data and AI Practice. You are a customer-facing advisor with broad technical skills, robust industry knowledge, and a consultative approach. With support from your teammates in Chicago, Boston, and the PE global offices, you own the full lifecycle of Big Data solutions, from requirements analysis, to technical and architectural solutioning, to development and release. As Chief Architect, you will be expected to use proven consultative methods to engage customers and define their modernization journey and the steps to achieve success. You will also play a critical role in growing your team by helping to identify and hire other elite big data technologists to work alongside you.
- Advise and provide thought leadership on the provision of advanced data and analytics environments leveraging cloud-native platforms and big data technologies, including integration with existing data and analytics platforms and tools.
- Lead existing and prospective clients in pre-sales workshops with a focus on discovery and documentation to best align solution delivery.
- Design and implement scalable data architectures leveraging cloud-native platforms.
- Define, design and implement data access patterns for multiple analytical and operational workloads, across on-premise and cloud-based platforms.
- Create and champion the forward strategy for the practice alongside the practice director as well as develop, coach, and mentor team members on standards and best practices.
- Consult our clients in formulating a strategic direction around data governance, integration and lineage.
- Leverage thought leadership within the office, and greater organization, to drive innovation and long-term team vision.
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end-to-end cloud infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Experience working on cloud platforms, AWS, Google Cloud Platform and/or Azure, and a deep understanding of their data-related service offerings.
- Hands-on experience operationalizing Big Data applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
- Expert-level experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge / Hands-on experience with BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Tableau or PowerBI)
- Hands-on experience with data integration tools (e.g. Informatica or Talend)
- Previous engagements exemplifying hands-on experience with related/complementary open-source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Python)
- Understanding of the application of AI and the path to production for data-enabled applications