Claims and Insurance Analyst at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. Our legal team ensures that VillageMD complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics while providing information and guidance to management in support of the organization’s growth.
As a Claims and Insurance Analyst on our team, you will work in partnership with our legal team on advancing the organization’s claims and insurance initiatives and infrastructure. We are looking for someone who is highly organized with excellent attention to detail. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated interest and experience in claims and insurance and should possess strong self-starter credentials with excellent writing, communication, and client-relations skills.
What are some examples of work you’ll be managing at VillageMD?
- Work directly with insurance broker and carriers on multi-state insurance coverage of all lines of coverage to ensure appropriate insurance coverage, timely filings and renewals and appropriate levels of coverage,
- Evaluate, measure and monitor insurance levels of coverage and recommend changes and improvements in the insurance portfolio.
- Manage submission of claims, and circumstances giving rise to claim to secure appropriate insurance coverage
- Oversee and monitor the processing of all insurance claims, including acting as the liaison in claim submission and processing.
- Supervise an oversee management of any open claims including responses to subpoenas, discovery requests, assignment to counsel and communication on status
- Provide research, draft materials and answer questions related to claims and insurance
- Develop innovate ways to communicate effectively with the organization to achieve compliance goals
- Perform quality checks on work product, and ensure accuracy, completeness and clarity.
- Gain understanding and insight into technical claims excellence and industry best practices from a team of dedicated leaders and claims professionals
- Investigate claims data to identify overpaid/incorrectly paid claims
- Support efforts for value creation by legal department
- Support and enhance legal department analytics and reporting capabilities
- Work with high volume assignments reflecting a high degree of organizational skills, policy language comprehension and understanding.
What will make you successful here?
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Technical claims handling experience
- Ability and willingness to drive collaboration across the team and a commitment to transparency on open matters, next steps, and performance measurement
- High emotional intelligence including the ability to develop substantial relationships and successfully navigate diverse partner groups
- Shown experience performing under pressure in an extremely fast-paced and constantly evolving environment with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2 – 3+ years’ experience preferred
- Experience with insurance
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.