The Productive Edge Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Practice provides advanced technology solutions and strategies that propel our clients into the modern data age. Our PE teams turn the promise of AI and Machine Learning into practical solutions that empower differentiated customer experiences, predictive insights, and transformational business outcomes. Likewise, PE’s “Modern Data Management Framework” and Agile-centric methodology enable us to achieve impactful results rapidly and efficiently.
The Cloud Data Architect will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Big Data solution, including requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and Test and Deployment in Cloud Infrastructures. We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust Big Data solutions.
- Provide advisory and thought leadership on the provision of analytics environments leveraging Cloud based platforms, big data technologies, including integration with existing data and analytics platforms and tools.
- Design and implement scalable data architectures leveraging Hadoop, NoSQL and emerging technologies, covering on-premise and cloud-based deployment patterns.
- Define, design and implement data access patterns for multiple analytical and operational workloads, across on-premise and Cloud based platforms
- Create information solutions covering data security, data privacy, data governance, metadata management, multi-tenancy and mixed workload management across Spark and NoSQL platforms, spanning on-premise and Cloud based deployments
- Delivery of customer Cloud Strategies, aligned with customer’s business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations ensuring global to local regulations, security, risk and compliance
- 5+ years hands-on experience with the Big Data stack (HDFS, SPARK, MapReduce, Hadoop, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume, Kafka)
- 5+ years hands-on experience with the No-SQL (e.g. MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra)
- 5+ years hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef, Scala)
- 5+ years of experience working on cloud platforms - Pivotal Cloud Foundry and / or Public Cloud AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Hands-on experience with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools (e.g. Informatica, Talend, Pentaho)
- Knowledge / Hands-on experience with BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Microstrategy, Cognos, Pentaho)
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout, MLLib)
- Hands-on experience with operationalizing Big Data applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
- Hadoop platforms & distributions: Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, EMR
- Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica, DB2, Oracle)
- Proficient understanding of underlying infrastructure for Big Data Solutions (Clustered/Distributed Computing, Storage, Data Center Networking)
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Knowledge of further Cloud technologies (Redshift, S3, EC2, EMR, Talend/Pentaho/Snowflake)
- Track record of thought leadership and innovation around Big Data. Solid understanding of Cloud Computing Technologies and related emerging technology (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce, Azure, GCP) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems Knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores)
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based leader in digital transformation. As digital business consultants, we focus on digital strategy, customer experience, operations improvement, and product & services enablement. How do we do this? Through launching solutions for Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Intelligent Automation (IA), Internet of Things (IoT), and Cloud Native Solutions. Sounds fun, right? It gets better...and that’s where you come in!
Productive Edge offers the dynamic opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment that values innovation and creativity. We are a culture that stays on the cusp of today’s developing and emerging technologies. Our passion, ingenuity, and dedication sets us apart from other consultants (as does our modern work atmosphere with fun outings, foosball, stocked fridge and other activities). Because we work with and develop solutions for some of the world’s most exciting brands, we are actively searching for individuals who are ready to change the way the world operates.
And if that’s not enough, Productive Edge has been featured as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, included in Crain’s Fast 50, and is a regular on Inc. 5000.