Corporate Development Analyst at Topstep
At Topstep, individuals fully own their roles and are charged with meaningfully driving results. We work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide.
One of the most important ways that we reach traders worldwide is through our affiliates and partners. We have a vast network of partners whose values align with ours, and we also have a growing list of new opportunities to consider. Maintaining our current relationships is just as important to us as building new ones, so we need an experienced Corporate Development Analyst to help us research and strategize new opportunities and support our current efforts. For context, we believe we’ve only tapped in to approximately 1% of our total addressable market!
The successful candidate will also have a genuine enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and be able to excel in a fast-paced, high energy start-up environment.
Excited about this opportunity? Read on, keeping in mind that we strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Topstep believes that diverse people and ideas result in better business, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
The Role, along with everything you’d expect
- The Corporate Development Analyst role is an ideal opportunity to immediately impact the success of a high growth business
- The role is also a great fit for candidates who are true self starters; this is a new role for us and you’ll be able to shape it from the beginning
- The Corporate Development Analyst will work internally with stakeholders to determine feasibility and timelines of initiatives
- You’ll be sourcing, learning about, and evaluating new potential business partnerships and opportunities with existing partners
- We’ll look to you to present, propose, and negotiate potential deals from beginning to end, which includes ensuring successful retention and optimization of partnerships
- We’ll also need you to report on ROI and effectiveness of all efforts
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in the financial industry, specifically brokerage, trading, fintech or investing
- Eager and self starting; this is a results based role, and although output is a driver of success, this role won’t be a good fit if you’re interested in completing X calls/emails per day and heading out.
- Prior experience with tracking and reporting, specifically must be advanced in CRM and Excel
- Presentation skills are crucial, both over the phone and in person. Powerpoint or Google Slides is required.
- Business Development experience, including negotiation, custom proposals, crafting creative and equitable opportunities, and internal / external consensus building
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and communicate clearly across the company. We always have a lot going on, and we rely on our teams to navigate the best way to accomplish our goals.
- Spanish-speaking is definitely a bonus, please apply even if you don’t!
- Excellent English writing skills, attention to detail, time management skills, and overall positive attitude. We thought these were assumed, but better safe than sorry.
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- 401(k) plus match, to help plan for your future
- Generous paid family leave, plus flexible ramp up period upon return, and extra PTO days
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly team Innovation Labs, which contribute to long term strategic decisions
- Vacation bonus, when you take off 5 consecutive days to fully clock out
- #TopstepTravel, a semi-regular raffle for luxury accommodations in a variety of cities
- Professional development budget, provided for continuing education, training, and workshops
- Work from Anywhere policy, to respond to an ever-changing work climate
- Flexible Schedule Options, including 4-day workweek and half day Friday schedules
- Employee Assistance Program, for when you need some professional support in your personal life
- Coming [back] Soon: Company parties and outings, happy hours and catered lunches, breakfast and snack bar
- Coming [back] Soon: Annual company-wide Step Up Day, a day spent giving back to our community
- Graceful Leave Policy
- Pre-tax spending accounts, for your dependent and health care needs plus transportation
- Paid time off (starting at 15 days, increasing annually), plus paid holidays, paid sick days, and paid volunteer hours
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Is Topstep the place for you? If so, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.