Customer Coverage Analyst
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Customer Coverage Analyst will use state-of-the-art analytical skills and techniques, both technical and intuitive, to analyze and model data and customer behaviors to influence coverage models. Analyze data to improve the effectiveness of sales coverage models for retention and penetration of targeted customers. This position is located at our Lake Forest IL headquarters, in the northern suburbs of Chicago.
- Design data sets, run monthly data to support the functionally aligned coverage team.
- Work cross functionally with other data driven departments to improve processes and data quality.
- Prepare various deliverables and adhoc requests for business partners.
- Work with large customer data sets to synthesize meaningful business insights identifying patterns, trends and translating those into actionable insights.
- Build & deploy tools to execute against Grainger's defined coverage strategy.
- Consolidate large amounts of data that can be visually represented to address a business problem.
- Be a contributor to the continuous improvement process associated to customer data.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related fields preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a related field. Familiarity with analytics beyond the academic setting preferred (internships, consulting labs, etc.).
- Strong strategic/innovative thinker grounded in analytics.
- Modeling software: SAS or R - strong skills with one and at least some familiarity with the other preferred.
- Solid coding skills and proficient with at least one programming language (C++, Java, Python etc).
- Database management including advanced computer skills in Excel, Access, PowerPoint; experience with Tableau, SPSS, SQL, VBA or Teradata are preferred.
- Strong information analysis and problem solving ability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to translate information requests into practical outputs.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness in work.
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities.
- Able to collaborate and develop relationships across multiple functional areas.
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight schedules.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.