Data Acquisition Specialist at SPINS LLC
Who we are?
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
The SPINS team for Retailer Data Production operates the data pipelines and produces data for our client-facing reporting applications. In this position as a Data Acquisition Specialist, you will work with new and current retailer clients to ensure prompt and current data feeds. The Specialist will work with other teams at SPINS including business development, application security, and client support as the clients move into long-term relationships with SPINS. This position reports to Manager, Retailer Data Production
The day-to-day responsibilities focus on direct conversations with clients, handling data sets, and data quality procedures. Success is measured by the client’s engagement, cooperation and ongoing participation with SPINS.
- Clearly communicate to clients and to SPINS teams regarding technical data requirements and procedures.
- Calmly and confidently speak to clients with a wide range of technical abilities, as you help them master the complexity of correct data handling and of automation.
- Hands-on data quality checks, and data transfers with a variety of tools.
- Maintain a professional attitude as you work with all levels of client stakeholders from technicians to single store owner-operators and to executives of larger retailers.
- Manage internal and external expectations. Escalate problems appropriately. Ensure that challenges and progress are visible to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with team members who run data pipelines with retailer data
- Manage master data (trusted authority) for retailers, stores, and data formats
- Measure and report on data quality during onboarding
- Competently use Excel and Salesforce (CRM)
- Maintain strict data privacy standards with all retail clients
What You Bring
While your talent and experience matter most, we have to mention these qualifications matter to us:
- Experience with direct client communications, highly effective communication skills that convey professionalism in all written, verbal, and virtual meetings.
- Effective time management in a fast-paced environment with daily deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools quickly
- Assertive hunter mentality adept in fostering relationships with clients to help gather their data
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Experience with utilizing zoom and TeamViewer for remote access and support
We’re even more impressed if you bring along your:
- Consultative selling experience
- Experience working with data in cloud platforms such as GCP or AWS.
- Experience in retail industry specifically in Natural or specialty landscape.
How is success measured:
- Retailer data delivery consistency improved.
- Timing of test file and historical data submission is improved.
- Getting consistent ongoing data from retailers after the initial onboarding of their data.
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.