Data Analyst - Analytics and Business Intelligence at Collective Health
Driven by our mission to make it easier to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare, Collective Health is evolving the way health benefits work.
The Analytics and BI team is a cross-collaborative team working with nearly all departments in the company. We are a creative and compassionate, data-driven group of actuaries, analysts, and data scientists. We work together on larger projects but we also spend time driving our own analyses and working directly with internal stakeholders.
This role is critical to our client reporting function. It's a fast paced and dynamic role offering the opportunity to work with varied data types to answer a wide range of questions. You'll have access to peer mentorship and build your data coding and analytical skills.What you'll do:
- Design and execute analyses to help clients and internal stakeholders answer questions using data
- Function as an expert storyteller who takes a complex analysis and turns it into a simple actionable story to drive decision-making
- Develop a mastery of healthcare claims as well as other types of data including demographic data, digital and non-digital engagement data, and operational data
- Proactively identify data-driven issues and opportunities and execute on collaborative and efficient problem solving
- Develop best practices for data documentation, process documentation, templates and deliverables
- Demonstrate a flexible, yet precise, approach to communication adapting to both technical and non-technical audiences
A rough breakdown of your average week could be:
- (60%) Data coding and modeling in SQL, python, R and/or excel
- (10%) Meeting and collaborating with team members and other departments
- (25%) Running, debugging, and refining regularly scheduled reports
- (15%) Communicating your analytical results verbally and in writing with stakeholders
- Quantitative analysis experience including an education in mathematics, computer science, economics, statistics or other quantitative field
- Experience in at least one coding language such as Python, SQL, R, Stata, or other data processing and analytics environment
- 0-4 years experience in a complex, fast-paced, quantitative environment with a high bar for attention to detail and quality of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner, takes initiative, and eager to own projects
- Strong passion for learning and improving report analyses while changing healthcare
- Above all, you are self-sufficient, intellectually curious and take ownership for everything you do
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.