Data Analyst (Chicago/Scottsdale) at Venmo (Chicago, IL)
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
We are looking for a Product Analyst to be the expert on our commerce business. This includes owning the metrics for our existing products, running experiments & managing new product launches (data ingestion, KPI definition, dashboarding and analysis post-launch).S/he will work cross-functionally to deliver data-driven, actionable insights for stakeholders in the Commercial, Product, Finance, Marketing & other orgs. This role is critical and will carve the Commerce business trajectory. The ability to recognize and understand trends, collaborate with cross-functional teams and solve complex problems are key to success.
- Own business metrics for commerce products
- Deliver insights to drive business decisions on new product / feature launches & scale
- Collaborate with Commercial & Product Managers to understand business needs, translating strategic questions into data requirements
- Experimentation: design & execute experiments to drive business decisions
- Manage end-to-end product lifecycle, including data ingestion, metric definition, dashboarding & post-launch analysis
- Write Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) jobs to calculate business metrics
- Remain detail-oriented while working across a wide variety of projects
- Be part of a great team, but be capable of operating independently - managing relationships, deliverables and expectations with your business partners
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytics, data science, data engineering, business intelligence or related field
- Experience using, writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment
- Experience in business intelligence software (Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, MicroStrategy) and ETL software
- Knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments
- Strong analytical problem solving, critical thinking & Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to execute fast-paced and dynamic projects in a highly organized manner on a tight schedule
- Experience effectively communicating the results of analyses with stakeholders to drive strategy decisions
- Work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners
- Knowledge of statistics
- Aptitude in picking up new technical skills
- 3+ years of experience using Looker & in data visualization
- Proficient with SQL(Postgres, MySQL, Redshift, Snowflake), Python
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, Math, Physics, Statistics, Engineering or quantitative field
- Experience working in Technology
- Coding proficiency Python and/or R
- Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.