- Strong analysis skills. Must be able to talk with business users and help them get the data they need to solve their problems. They'll know what they want but they may need help in explaining it in technical terms so you'll need to translate biz talk to tech.
- This is an agile environment built upon collaboration skills. You'll need to demonstrate these skills and use them on a daily basis.
- Know SQL and be familiar with open source databases (MySQL / Postgres)
- Knowledgeable of Linux systems since you'll be digging into the systems
- You'll develop skills necessary to build routines to extract data from operational databases and transform the data to easily understood business views.
- Work with our business teams and help them use data to better manage their departments and optimize their processes
- Very familiar with Excel and pivot tables and be able to explain this to other analysts. You should be completely excited about taking raw data and dumping it into a pivot table so that you can start doing analysis on the data.
- Learning new technologies will be part of your job. Learning to script in multiple languages (Perl, Python etc) should be expected as well as big data technologies.
- Bachelors in Technology, Science, Math, Statistics degrees preferred but related experience is ok
- 1-2 years of related experience, experience in tech oriented company a big plus
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong communication skills
- Some level of SQL experience. Open source Databases a plus (MySql, Postgres etc.)Linux experience a plus
- Data Reporting experience a plus, Data Warehouse / Data marts reporting a bigger plus