Vail’s mission is to create better contact experiences for customers of our Fortune 500 clients. To accomplish this, we provide analytics that thoroughly measure different aspects of contact experiences, and host webapps, APIs, and enhanced network services to make those experiences less effortful, more engaging and positively delightful to customers. Our methods and technology focus on conversations because we believe that the human voice is a powerful tool for creating expressive, intimate, and efficient interactions.
About the Role
As millions of interactions move though our platform, billions of packets of voice data are analyzed by our systems. Using proprietary technology, we’re measuring things like voice clarity, emotion, and voice stress to better understand and react to changes in conversations. This analysis has opened the door to new solutions that measure customer satisfaction, speech intelligibility, and fraud risk.
We’re looking to add an analyst to our analytics team. This team is on a mission to explore the wealth of voice data available by looking for insights that lead to new and powerful applications. The best analysts have a knack for communicating compelling stories through the application of technical, analytical, and communication skills. Using data to test hypotheses and the power of storytelling, you'll collaborate with our clients and product team to determine how they can improve their operations and business outcomes.
You have an affinity for data and a passion for analyzing vast amounts of quantitative and qualitative data. You feel just as at home with running statistical tests in R, Python, or Excel as you do with building visualizations in Tableau, Power BI, or Superset. When push comes to shove, you're not afraid to get your hands dirty and make customizations to source code for open source tools.
Here are the essentials we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Business, or related field
- Experience performing strategic analyses that impact decisions
- Ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze data on demand
- Proficiency in SQL and Git
- Fluency in Tableau, Power BI, Superset, or other data visualization tools
- Experience developing statistical or pattern recognition applications in R, Python, or Matlab
- Ability to communicate and distill complex analyses for a non-technical audience
- Proven track record of collaborating well with clients and team members
Bonus points for:
- An elegant visual style
- A talent for storytelling
- Experience with contact centers