Love cars, technology and data? So do we. KAR Auction Services (NYSE:KAR) is a global Fortune 700 company headquartered in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel, Indiana, with 18,000 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. Our diverse team helps the world's largest automotive manufacturers, financial institutions, insurance companies and dealer groups buy, sell and trade used vehicles. DRIVIN is our Chicago-based innovation and Data Science hub—where our team of data scientists and analysts create new products and help power the sale of more than 5.95 million units valued at over $40 billion through our physical, online, and digital/mobile auction marketplaces.
We move quickly, and we're looking for go-getters that are addicted to the thrill of creating new products and features and diving deep into rich data. Sound like you? We’re looking for a Data Analyst to roll up their sleeves and help transform one of the largest, most dynamic industries in the world.
Job Description Summary
At our core, we are an analytics company. The insights we gain from our analyses guide our strategic path forward as we grow revenue, enter new markets, and strengthen our customer relationships. The Analytics team proactively leads and collaborates to identify the most valuable problems to solve, constructs a Roadmap to delivery, and executes our plan. The team is looking for a Data Analyst with adept technical skills, high analytical prowess and exceptional delivery of output. The Data Analyst role will champion current and future data solutions, all while delivering and automating the best insights possible to both internal stakeholders and customers alike.
- Design SQL scripts to directly query and analyze internal and external data sources to package together clear, actionable findings
- Provide timely, valuable solutions for ad hoc analyses via SQL with a focus to detail on crafting scripts that can be easily manipulated to efficiently address similar future analyses
- Own the design of advanced analytics dashboards and KPI reports in our BI tool starting from requirements gathering across sales, product and senior leadership teams to the delivery of a final, polished reports in production
- Grow to serve as the team’s subject matter expert for advanced analytics and report design, offering insights and suggestions on what potential problems the team should be solving
- Work closely with Product and Operations teams and support their analysis and data needs
- Be a data evangelist, working across the company to understand how our data outputs affect different groups and identify areas where our team can provide additional value
- Work closely with the Data Science team to deliver actionable insights to the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an analytical role with a heavy focus on querying data, analyzing and clearly presenting analyses to stakeholders across the organization.
- High SQL aptitude, experience working within Python a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager a plus.
- Experience designing reports and dashboards Tableau, or equivalent BI product.
- Ability to clearly explain findings from complex analyses in case studies and presentations.
- Previous experience on a data team in an agile environment preferred.
- A flexible, collaborative teammate with the ability to deliver both high level explanations of complex problems while also able to deep dive into complex problems
- Confidence, hustle, energy, and drive – accountability is key and the impact of your work is crucial to our success