Smarter Thinking. Real Results. Technology consulting has been our story for over 14 years. Companies from all industries partner with us for our innovative mindset to help them digitally transform to create market advantages, become resilient, and prepare for what’s next. With us, the possible becomes actual.
We provide strategic and innovative consulting services focused on digital experiences, engineering, automation, data and analytics, and salesforce solutions. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allow them to move their business forward.
Saggezza is hiring an experienced Data Architect to help us build and enhance our client’s data capabilities and create a competitive advantage. This position requires active participation in the design and build out of enterprise databases as well as an eagerness to remain hands-on from a project’s start to finish. Additionally, and equally as important, as a Saggezza Data Architect, you must have the skills and experience necessary to effectively communicate with our clients.
Each project will be different, but you'll always be responsible for:
- Identifying and adopting enterprise data architecture patterns, concepts, approaches, and solutions in support of business needs
- Providing expertise in data solution architectures and the tools and techniques used for data management
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing, database design principles, and data administration standards
- Advanced knowledge of multiple database platforms and design and support tools, including in-depth hands-on experience with at least one database platform
- Advanced knowledge of database deployment options and infrastructure tuning
- Developing logical and physical data models for complex projects using both relational and other modeling techniques and approaches
- Administering and tuning moderately complex databases
- Business intelligence, reporting, and dashboarding tools and approaches
- Solid understanding of governance frameworks developed to resolve data ownership, sharing, and access rights within a federated environment
- Developing Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) specifications and mappings to support data conversion and integration
- Experience in establishing methods and procedures for tracking data sources, data lineage, data quality, completeness, redundancy vs. replication, data dictionary, data models, metadata and master data
- Experience with metadata management approaches and tools
- Awareness of emerging data technologies with an understanding of how to adopt and apply new patterns
- Hands-on experience with Agile delivery methodology
- Demonstrated ability in effectively engaging, communicating, and presenting to stakeholders across both business and technology functions
- Conceptual and analytical thinker with the ability to define business requirements and extract, analyze, and synthesize complex business insights
- Prior professional experience in a management consulting, an IT management, or client facing role strongly preferred
- Ability to perform knowledge transfer to support a team
- Knowledge of the Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare or Retail industries is preferred
Tools and Technology:
Proficient at leveraging tools and technology to drive value for clients. Illustrative tools include the following;
- Database Management Tools:
- Relational – e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL or similar
- NoSQL – e.g. MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Couchbase or similar
- Cloud-based – e.g. AWS (Redshift or DynamoDB), Azure (SQL Server or Cosmos DB) or similar
- ETL Tools - e.g. Informatica, Talend, Microsoft SSIS, or similar
- Data Modeling tools - e.g., Toad, ERWin, ER/Studio, PowerDesigner, IBM Data Architect, or similar
- Industry Leading BI tools - e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Sisense, Looker, or similar
What We'd Love to See:
- 10 years of professional work experience with at least 5 years working in a related role
- Strong strategic business acumen and a passion for solving problems with data-driven solutions
- Client centric focus with strong relationship management skills and the ability to influence business decisions
- Intellectually curious and independently resourceful with the ability to prioritize and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Willingness to travel to client sites as needed
- Chicago or New York area candidates preferred, but will consider candidates in other parts of the U.S.
From a cultural perspective, we look for individuals who possess the following qualities that will contribute to our success and the success of our clients:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We seek individuals who enjoy contributing to the growth of an organization and who show commitment to the success of their team.
- Problem-solving skills: Individuals at our company have well-honed analytical skills coupled with business acumen to structure problems, deliver solutions, and communicate insights.
- Drive: Our team sets ambitious goals and seeks energetic professionals, enjoy a fast pace environment, and thrive in taking on responsibility.
Don’t tick all the boxes? Don’t worry about it: we still want to hear from you if you think
you’re the right person for the job.
Why Join Our Team?
- Diverse culture, experiences, and skills.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
- At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides every one of our employees the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
- We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted from the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
- We welcome innovators with entrepreneurial spirits to grow with our team.
- Consulting Magazine - Fastest Growing Firms 2019
- Built-In Top Places to Work in Chicago 2020
- Best and Brightest Companies in the Nation 2019 and 2020, Best and Brightest Companies in Milwaukee 2020 and Best and Brightest Companies in Chicago 2020
- 2020 Inc. 5000 List - Honored as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.