Sorry, this job was removed at 11:03 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, October 12, 2016
The Data Research team is responsible for researching, standardizing, and transforming a variety of data sets to prepare them for analysis and integration into our products.
As a data architect, you will join the Chicago-based team, working closely and collaboratively with data scientists and engineers to identify data needs across products and clients. You will scour the internet for new and innovative data sets, develop new features for use in predictive models, and write SQL to make messy, disparate data coherent. As an in-house expert on Civis’s data resources, you will support internal users and external customers to ensure they have the proper tools—and data—for success.
Civis Analytics has opportunities for seasoned professionals, brilliant newcomers, and anyone in between. We are looking for detail-oriented individuals from diverse backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work, and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Proficiency with SQL, including advanced query-writing and optimization
- Experience auditing and generating reports on large data sets
- Experience establishing data models, writing data dictionaries, and producing schema diagrams
- An ability to scope project needs and determine the dataset requirements
- Experience providing user support
- An ability and eagerness to constantly learn and teach others
- Experience with SQL database administration (column store preferred)
- Experience researching publicly available data
- Experience working with media, political, geographic, and/or social networking data
- Familiarity with AWS products, such as Redshift and/or S3
- Familiarity with statistics and modeling
Read Full Job Description