Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Data Architect will set and provide architectural direction to support business objectives and requirements that align with roadmaps, standards, and best practices; focusing on security, design, data quality, strategies, system availability and resiliency. This position is responsible for working closely with all areas in the company and outside to ensure we are treating data as an asset.
1. Build/Extend a canonical schema for all A2A and B2B integration layers.
2. Assist in the design of our API / Service Layer interfaces.
3. Partner with our Data Quality Team in establishing a common Business Vocabulary / Taxonomy for our business.
4. Ensure existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded, governed and leveraged across the enterprise.
5. Develop and document data architectural solutions and recommendations for business products.
6. Participate in the definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to data and information-use, security, access and governance.
Technical Experiences Required
- Proven experience with designing logical / physical data modeling across a number of different data management platforms. Ideal candidate should be able to data model relational and document/object styles;
- Require at least 1-3 years of designing at least one of the following Avro / JSON / XML file formats in a Service Oriented Architecture;
- Skilled with data integration issues and integration patterns.
Additional Experiences Preferred
- Exposure to designing and working with Metadata tools and understanding how best to implement them for company-wide adoption.
- Experience with Hortonworks DataFlow (NifI, Kafka, Atlas) and Hortonworks DataPlatform (Yarn, HDFS) is a plus;
- Has worked with GeoSpatial functionality and data modeling techniques to support GeoSpatial solutions (GeoJSON) is recommended;
- Working knowledge of API Management is preferred, leveraging Apigee is a plus;
Personal Experiences Required
- Proven ability to lead multiple high priorities initiative with aggressive timelines leveraging an agile framework.
- Comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment.
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable.
- Demonstrated a product mindset with an ability to set forward thinking and direction.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate technical information clearly, able to ‘translate’ between diverse groups of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and present recommendations to a vast array of individuals.
- Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior leadership and drive alignment and decision making.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to offer why one technical solutions is more preferable than another.
- Ability to lead a group of employees (directly or indirectly).
- Ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree Preferred.
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.