Data Asset Manager
SPINS is seeking a world-class Data Asset Manager to drive the growth of our growing portfolio of Retail Measurement and Natural Industry data solutions.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
As a Data Asset Manager, you will be responsible for driving the growth of our growing portfolio of Retail Measurement and Natural Industry data solutions. The role requires you to possess a combination of product or brand management functional expertise along with strong data management knowledge. You have a go-getter personality and are capable of working closely with customers, senior executives, technology, sales and marketing.
- Gather, synthesize and develop product requirements for SPINSscan PLU and other data services
- Lead, provide direction, and responsible for cross-functional teams; identifying project requirements and applicable resources to achieve product goals
- Works closely with development to identify technological challenges and new product feasibility
- Works with Development, QA, Operations, etc. to refine, develop and deliver new products
- Prepares product concept proposals and life-cycle plans for potential new products
- Create Release/Product Launch Plans and coordinate events with Marketing Communications, Sales & Ops
- Lead cross-functional teams, identifying project requirements and resources to achieve product launch goals
- Review and approve Marketing Communications tactics from a product and brand strategy perspective
- Synthesize results of research to determine customer needs, market trends and new product functionality
- Understand research data to align product functionality with branding, customer needs, and market trends
- Conducts/analyzes research to understand customer satisfaction, brand awareness and perceptions
- Plan, coordinate and conduct competitive analysis
General Product Management Activities
- Understands market trends, anticipate competitive threats and make adjustments in product/marketing plans
- Works with Sales/Marketing Communications to understand customer purchase process and usage patterns
- Works with Technical/Customer Support, Ops, etc. to identify support implications and training requirements
- Clearly identifies the problem(s) their products solve and sustainable competitive advantages
- Establishes, builds and develops relationships with business partners
Working hours and times will fluctuate based on business needs and the right candidate will be expected to perform in an ever-changing environment. This role will require travel, up to 25% domestically.
What you bring.
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Marketing, Mathematics, Information Technology (or related degree)
- 3+ Years of Brand or Product Management Experience
- 3+ Years of Experience in Data Management
- Experience with API’s is a must
- Experience in B2B environment is must
- Experience with Grocery Retail data and PLU is a plus
- Excellent analytical, planning, project management and process development skills
- Good communicator (written & oral) and teamwork skills
- High level of initiative, strong/efficient business judgment, and creative problem-solver
- Passion, leadership, intelligence, and determination to succeed
- Ability to:
- Lead through influence and create/maintain credibility and positive relationships
- Work well within independent, team, and unstructured environments
- Deliver consistently with priorities changing in a fast paced technology environment
- Influence technical direction, strategy, and resource allocations across multiple groups
- Knowledge of SQL, SaaS and/or Web Technologies
The SPINS Way: The right candidate for us will be…
- Vibrant – You’re passionate about doing meaningful, impactful work.
- A Disruptor – You’re not afraid to do things differently
- Connected – You work well as part of a team, and you build strong relationships with colleagues
- Be Yourself – We are open & honest with each other; we take responsibility for our actions, and for our work
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.