Data Engineer at KAR Global
About Our Team:
DRIVIN is looking to expand our data team as we continue to grow our data platform in support of a mission of digital transformation in automotive wholesale markets. The data engineering team is responsible for the ingestion and persistence of data supporting an array of data products supporting KAR Global’s automotive wholesale business.
DRIVIN has a polyglot data model using many cutting-edge data platforms including AWS Redshift for Data Warehouse, Elastic Search for location-based searching, and Postgres for transactional data and product delivery. Our delivery framework is comprised of Python/Docker on ECS, Spark on EMR, and Jenkins for CI/CD and a roadmap focused on strategic data integrations and products and expansion of platform capabilities including Snowflake and Informatica.
About Our Candidate:
This candidate should be a self-starter who is interested in learning new systems/environments and is passionate about developing quality supportable data service solutions for internal and external customers. We value natural curiosity about data and technology that drives results through quality, repeatable, and long-term sustainable database and code development. The candidate should be highly dynamic and excited by the opportunities to learn many different products and data domains and how they drive business outcomes and value for our customers.
What You Will Be Doing:
Members of the Data Engineering team participate daily in ceremonies of Agile sprint to help design, plan, build, test, develop, and support DRIVIN’s data products and platforms consisting of Pythion ETL pipelines and Postrgres, Redshift, Dynamo DB, and Elastic search, and Snowflake databases. Our team works in a shared services delivery model supporting seven lines of business, including front-end customer facing products, B2B portals, mobile applications, business analytics, and data science initiatives.
- Work with product, data science, analytics, and engineering teams to learn project data needs and define project scope
- Design and planning of data services solutions on the Drivin DAAS Platform
- Building and delivery of Python/Docker feed framework data pipeline jobs and services
- Contribute to the Data Engineering team delivery framework including building of re-usable code, implementing industry best practices, and maintain a common delivery framework
- Monitoring, maintenance, documentation, and incident resolution of scheduled production data jobs supporting internal and external customers data needs
What You Need to Be Successful:
- 5+ years experience Postgres SQL development including functions, stored procedures, and indexing or equivalent (required)
- Experience in production data management in high availability product delivery ODS / RDBMS or equivalent (required)
- Experience planning and designing maintainable data schemas (required)
- Experience with Python, Docker, and data warehouse environments (preferred)
- Experience using Github / Jenkins (CI/CD) / Artifactory / PyPy or comparable delivery stacks (preferred)
- Experience with Postgres, Elastic Search, AWS EMR, and AWS ECS (preferred)
- Experience with AWS Redshift, MPP, or Dynamo DB (preferred)
- Experience with Kinesis/Kafka (preferred)
- Experience working with large enterprise data lakes / Snowflake (preferred)
Who We Are:
KAR Global powers the world’s most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology and people. Our end-to-end platform serves the remarketing needs of the world’s largest OEMs, dealers, fleet operators, rental companies and financial institutions.
- We’re a technology company delivering next generation tools to accelerate and simplify remarketing.
- We’re an analytics company leveraging data to inform and empower our customers with clear, actionable insights.
- And we’re an auction company powering the world’s most advanced and integrated mobile, digital and physical auction marketplaces.
DRIVIN, a KAR Global brand, is comprised of a team that is passionate about the intersection of data, technology and cars. As the Chicago-based innovation and data science hub for KAR, this team of data scientists and analysts creates new products to help power the company’s physical, online, and digital/mobile automotive auction marketplaces. DRIVIN was founded in 2015 and joined the KAR family of companies in April 2017. Since then, DRIVIN has expanded its capabilities across the organization, shifting from a transactional marketplace to a full-service data and analytics platform. The DRIVIN data engine is unmatched, fueling powerful insights and recommendations that help KAR’s customers optimize risk, price and automotive inventory.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Wellness program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee stock purchase program
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Learning and development resources