With a career at GrubHub Holdings Inc., you can order your cake and eat it, too!Have you ever wondered who has the hottest sushi in town or which neighborhood sells the most pizza? GrubHub has created a new role for a Data Engineer which will help us answer those questions and solve many more interesting data problems. GrubHub has a wealth of local restaurant data and you'll work with the team that takes advantage of that data and delights our consumers with surprising insights and awesome products.
- Love coding and implementing solutions
- Development of routines to extract data from operational databases and transform the data to easily understood business views.
- Use your strong analysis skills in translating a business problem into a technical solution. It's as much about the understanding of the business problem as it is about the technical solution.
- We are an agile environment so it'd be great if you are used to this approach to solving problems.
- Use research skills and experience to define what's possible in the Business Intelligence world and help define the best long-term approaches and architectures to take advantage of our awesome local restaurant data.
- Must love data structures and defining them through data models
- Provide data / sql expertise to each our business teams and each one of their analysts.
- Help identify opportunities using advanced analytics and work with the necessary teams to implement the full analytical solution. Data mining and exploratory analysis to identify opportunities
- Bachelors in Technology, Science, Statistics or Math degree preferred but equivalent experience will be ok
- 3-6 years of data development experience with SQL databases. Ideally, data development experience in at least 2 of the following:
o Experience developing ETL processes to transform data. Preferably in a data warehouse environment.
o Stored procedure development
- Expertise in SQL required. Open source Databases a plus (MySql, Postgres etc.)
- Strong data analysis skills required
- Strong communication skills required
- Statistical Programming / visualization experience a plus
- Hadoop / Hive experience a plus
- Should know how to define a data model and design data structures.
- DBA / App DBA experience a plus
GrubHub Holdings Inc. is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.