Data Engineer at Cooler Screens
Cooler Screens is backed and led by some of the most prominent Chicago & Silicon Valley leaders, advisers, and investors and has developed a digital solution to create and transform a multi-billion dollar industry and positively affect the buying experiences of consumers in the US and beyond. If you’re looking to get on the ground floor of the next digital revolution and Chicago tech success story – this opportunity may be for you.
As the Data Engineer at Cooler Screens, you will design and maintain an enterprise data warehouse platform architecture that structures data for analytical processes to support BI and data integration management, which will be foundational in building out our data processing pipeline. You will be responsible for constructing how we identify, absorb, store, and query data across the Cooler Screens platform that scales to the rising growth of the company.
Who You Are:
- You’re excited to contribute to building a robust scalable and robust data platform and shaping an early stage startup
- You’re passionate about building scalable data processing systems and turning data into insights
- You know how to develop solutions to transform and optimize data and have expertise in solutions to build robust data pipelines and repositories
- You’re comfortable working with a variety of BI tools and helping users to develop solutions to gain key data insights
- You’re a critical thinker and enjoy measuring, analyzing, and solving complex problems
- You’re experienced and comfortable in managing data from a variety of sources and formats and using best practices to ensure consistency and quality
- You thrive working both independently and in a team environment
What You Need to Succeed
- You have 4+ years of data engineering development experience
- You have a deep understanding of the data architecture and relevant technologies
- You have hands-on experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop
- You have an advanced understanding of cloud data warehousing solutions
- You have extensive experience with database modeling and design
About Cooler Screens
We are transforming retail cooler surfaces into IoT-enabled screens. Our media platform reimagines the brick-and-mortar shopping experience for consumers in the cooler and freezer aisle while delivering new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for brands and retailers.
We have an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team at our headquarters in the heart of Chicago.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.