The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
Here it’s the people that matter. Our Toronto office is home to a collective of skilled individuals with a collaborative spirit. We thrive on each other’s differences, from industry-leading insight formers to award-winning creative types. Together we create big, bold campaigns for many of the world’s best-known brands. Our clients include Nissan, Infiniti, McDonald’s, General Mills and more!
The Marketing Store is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team and bring solutions to our clients while also supporting existing projects. This role is an incredible opportunity for someone with a strong knowledge of data architecture with software development experience, as well as a desire to mentor junior team members. You will work closely with management, developers, engineers and project teams.
- Execute ETL development with scalability, automation, and continuous integration in mind
- Develop and integrate in both server and serverless architecture
- Maintain, debug, and deploy data pipelines for existing platforms in co-ordination with DevOps team
- Be the oracle of the involved data points and applied transformations
- Understand and work with multiple data sources to meet business rules and support data science and decision science needs
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solution to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Document knowledge in the form of base tech notes and articles
- Mentoring junior team members
- Complete project and support work with little to no oversight
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience in data management in relational and multi-dimensional databases using SQL
- 2+ years development experience with Python
- 1+ years development experience using Object Oriented Design
- 1+ years development experience using Pandas/Pyspark
- 1+ years experience working with large dataset
- Good working knowledge on Git version controller
- Good working knowledge on dimension/facts data warehousing concepts
- Exposure to serverless architecture
- Development experience on AWS platform is an asset
- Excellent analytical and program debugging skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based support environment
- Ability to take ownership of a project and see it from end to end
The Marketing Store, A HAVI Company, provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance, retirement savings (RRSP) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services) and employee assistance program.