Data Engineer at Paylocity
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about software architecture to provide the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Invested in staying current in data architecture by applying new technologies and practices
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal culture that keeps getting better
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience
- Experience of data modeling tools and standards, ETL tools, and big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Pig, NoSQL).
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Working experience with data lakes and data warehouses
- Should be familiar with Systems Architecture and developer tools
- Data-oriented personality
- Must be able to work effectively in an agile environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
During the last three months, you would have:
- Design, develop, and maintain relational databases for data storage and data mining
- Design, deploy, and manage the organization's data architecture.
- Perform data warehouse design and testing, including data design, database architecture, metadata, and repository creation.
- Create and support the ETL process to extract the data from source systems and place it into the data warehouse.
- Work closely with data analysts, data scientists, and other data consumers to optimize reports by defining business requirements and populating the data warehouse table structure.
- Design data warehouse schematics and layouts and develop capacity planning.
- Create and implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Develop processes and procedures for entering information into data warehousing systems and for ensuring its reliability.
- Seek continuous improvement in performance of data warehouse and ensure security of data.
- Collaborate with technology and management teams to understand structural requirements and define standards for how data will be stored, consumed, integrated, and managed across the organization and translate into a usable blueprint.
- Build an inventory of data needed to implement architecture and create a vision for how data will flow through the organization.
- Design and build complex data models, approve modifications, and implement systems.
- Implement measures to ensure data accuracy and accessibility, constantly monitoring and refining the performance of data management systems.
- Produce and enforce database development standards.
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
- Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
- CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
- DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
- Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
- Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
- Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
- Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017