Data Engineering Manager at Infutor Data Solutions
Infutor Data Solutions is the expert in Consumer Identity Management and Identity Resolution, offering award-winning solutions to a variety of brands and martech firms. These world-class data solutions enable businesses to most accurately identify key consumer information, powering them to make critical, strategic business decisions. We do this through access to the most comprehensive and accurate data, provided through powerful and flexible technology, giving businesses extensive insight into the core of their business. Infutor's data solutions drive essential business functions in identity verification, fraud and risk, marketing, analytics, multi-media, and compliance applications.
Our company of rapidly-growing data, technology and analytics leaders is looking for a Data Engineering Manager to join our team that has recently been recognized as:
- Crain’s Best Places to Work Company
- Crain’s Best-Paying Company
- BuiltIn Best Places to Work
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in the US
- AdWeek Top 20 Fastest Growing Solution Providers
- Martech Breakthrough Award Winner for Best Contact Database Solution
Position Summary: Infutor is looking for a leader for our Chicago area Data Engineering team which is building and owns our AWS based Big Data batch platform which will serve as the foundation of our next generation of products.
The ideal candidate should have experience as an architect and team leader. You should love being a people manager, and a technical leader. You will work with a small focused team of amazing Data Engineers and help grow their careers, as well as be technically adept and own a next generation Spark/Airflow based batch processing system, with a product focus.
This is a unique opportunity to work with large input data sets (250M+) and build a platform that has a backend Snowflake database with billions of records
As a Data Engineering Manager, you should:
- Have experience as a team leader or people manager
- Have Emotional Intelligence and enjoy mentoring others and building a strong team
- Have experience in AWS Spark based batch processing platforms
- Have a product focused mindset and know how to build solutions that are used by multiple clients in a repeatable fashion
- Have experience working within software development frameworks
As a Data Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day organization, definition and management of product focused development work
- Team coaching and mentoring
- Technical Documentation and feature definition
- Working with data engineers to maintain code base for analytics (Git for source control, Unit/Integration Testing, code reviews)
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Keep our data separated and secure across multiple AWS regions.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
Need to Have Skills:
- 4+ years of professional technical experience
- 2+ years of experience as a developer or architect on batch processing platforms
- 1+ years as a proven people manager
- 1+ year of experience as a developer or architect on Spark based processing applications
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies or Development Frameworks
Nice to Have Skills:
- Proven experience in AWS
- Experience with Airflow and Terraform
- Any experience and/or good working knowledge of Snowflake, Qubole products, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with Devops, IaC (infrastructure as code) and Orchestration tools such as Airflow, Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do architecture and development work Communication, collaboration and project management skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience.
- Experience working with Targetprocess, Jira or similar work management tools
- Creativity, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial mindset to the solution of business issues; sound business judgment.
- The ability to meet and exceed deadlines through a demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Clear and concise ability to communicate complex concepts in English.
- 401k with Company Match
- Medical & Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision Insurance (monthly premiums 100% paid for employee only coverage!)
- Provided at No Cost to Employees: Group Term Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, and Accidental Death & Personal Loss Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care, Dependent Care, and Commuter Benefits
- Identity Protection Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance & Group Universal Life Insurance
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off for Vacation, Illness, & Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Flexible work environment
- Peer Recognition Awards
- Corporate-sponsored Activities & Events Year Round