Data Engineering Manager
DRIVIN Data Engineering team is looking for a strong technical leader to help drive the next generation of data science platform for KAR. The perfect candidate would be knowledgeable in Big Data and classic Data Warehousing techniques, proficient in AWS technologies, and possess strong leadership and mentoring skills.
In addition to leading the team, this person will be relied on to help prioritize and set delivery schedules and working closely with Product Owners and Data Science to drive discovery on initiatives and align the teams for success.
DRIVIN Data teams are using Python, SQL, Spark, EMR, ECS, Redshift, Elastic Search and Postgres to build an enterprise wide Data Science and Data Analytics platform. This team supports the internal Data Science and product teams, and also provides data engineering best practices across the KAR enterprise.
- 4+ years managing and leading development teams
- 5+ years working with data integration, data warehouse/lakes, and data infrastructure
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with Spark, Python, SQL required
- Experience with Data Warehouse required
- Experience with AWS preferred
- Experience architecting and developing data pipelines
- Experience supporting a Data Science team with model deployment
- Strong communication skills and collaboration with multiple teams
- Proven ability to lead a technical team
- Proven experience with innovation and new technology evaluation
- Working closely with Product teams to prioritize and set delivery schedule
- Managing on-call support rotation
- Mentoring and setting training schedules for data engineering resources
- Coordinating with DevOps on infrastructure needs and changes
- Defining best practices for delivery of solutions (documentation, monitoring, style guides)
- Defining quality gates for delivery of solutions to production
- Coordinating with Data Science to deploy models
- Coach and develop the data engineering team to grow capabilities
- Work with Data Science and DevOps to create scalable infrastructure for predictive mode.