Data Operations Specialist at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
The Data Operations Quality Assurance team’s goal is to improve menu and account setup quality through regular audits and continual feedback. An ideal QA Specialist candidate has sharp attention to detail and is able to identify menu and account errors quickly. QA Specialists perform audits on new restaurant account setup, new menus, and menu updates to ensure the quality of our site’s content and to provide an excellent experience for diners, restaurants, and drivers alike.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Perform quality assurance checks for tasks within Data Operations (both menu content and restaurant account setup)
- Maintain high-quality content by upholding Grubhub’s style standards and department policies
- Communicate with internal teams to ensure the best product for our customers
- Answer questions and explain processes and procedures
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly audit quotas
- Conduct feedback and coaching sessions with Data Operations reps as needed
- Work with the QA Manager on quality improvement projects
You Should Have
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading skills—AP style familiarity is a plus
- Comfort in a fast-paced and flexible environment
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Strong time management skills with the ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- Desire to help others succeed
- Ability to be objective when QAing the work of department peers
- Quality control, proofreading or editing experience a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus