Data Quality Manager
Arity is a technology company founded by The Allstate Corporation focused on making transportation safer, smarter and more useful for everyone. We collect and analyze massive amounts of data to help our partners better predict risk and understand how people move. The Arity Platform is built on billions of miles of historical driving data with more than one million active telematics connections and 10+ years of data directly from cars.
Job Family Summary
The Arity Data and Analytics Strategy team is the foundation for data-driven decision making at Arity. This team works across the Enterprise to manage the strategy, integration and governance of data at Arity.
This role will promote collaboration between business AOR’s and technology and advancing decision making across the company in alignment with the Enterprise Data Strategy. The Data & Analytics Strategy Manager is responsible managing and advancing the overall goals of the team in the following areas: Data Governance & Quality, Master Data Management, Analytics Ecosystem and Data Information & Security.
- Oversees and manages one or more of the following Enterprise Data Strategy work streams:
- Improving data governance and quality increases the reliability of our data (Data Governance & Quality)
- Creating the single, trusted source for key business data that can be shared across the Enterprise (Master Data Management)
- Strategically enabling the right data to conduct analysis, inform decisions and deliver result (Analytic Ecosystem)
- Protecting our data assets through increased and appropriate security (Data Information & Security)
- Responsibilities within these work streams include:
- Manages & leads integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs in developing high quality deliverables, performance expectations, risk mitigation, and process development
- Translate technical concepts to business implications/capabilities to drive alignment and decision making
- Drives communication throughout the enterprise to elevate the organizations’ commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate data
- Provides direction and guidance to program resources (budget, staffing, etc.) and development contributing to program execution
- Works closely with leadership to set strategy and define success criteria for enterprise-wide initiatives
- Understands, interprets and documents costs/benefits for senior leadership alignment and continued investment
- Responsible for directing the work that needs to be performed by a team(s) and/or their direct reports
- 7+ years of experience in a data and/or analytic related function
- Undergraduate degree/MBA in Business, Finance (or related field) or relevant experience preferred
- Ability to work with broad parameters in complex situations
- Broad understanding of enterprise business units
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage and coach others
- Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to design and lead complex analysis
- Expert ability to persuasively advocate a position and build momentum for change and action
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Ability to coach and develop staff, particularly in the areas of strategy and leadership
- Ability to inspire trust and influence management
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Expert Microsoft Office skills
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.