Data Science Engineer at CCC
Job Description Summary
This role is part of a team that manages the entire end to end life cycle for a data science product development and delivery. As part of the data science team he/she will be working on the state of art algorithms from diverse fields such as AI, deep learning, NLP and computer vision. He/she will work with other vision scientists and architects to deliver AI driven technology and solutions, while seeking creating ways to streamline processing. He/she will be designing and performing experiments using scientific approach to compare hypothesis, generate insights and ensure the solution meets the target metrics specified by business requirements. The Data Science Engineer will add value by participating in different activities which includes data collection, data preparation, evaluation of model, statistical analysis and optimization techniques. He/she will also be responsible for transformation of research model/code into a production ready solution and perform testing to ensure quality metrics This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a Data Science team with master’s and PhD-level professionals and to gain more exposure to a Data Science practice.
- Understand needs of research teams (AI, deep learning) in terms of training and testing data sets
- Evaluation, Interpretation and performance of AI models based on various statistical metrics including precisions, accuracy, false positives, coverage
- Manage acquisition, preparation and documentation of data
- Manage and optimize the data collection pipeline including Python web applications, tools, processes and resources.
- Develop, unit test and maintain the production code
- Maintain clear coding documentation and support code handoff
- Set up and run pilot environments for external customer POC
- Support internal customer ad-hoc requests using the pilot environment
- Master’s degree preferred in data science, computer science or related fields
- More than 1-2 years of solid coding experience using Python and/or Java. Need to be exceptionally strong in at least one and should be able to code in other.
- Proficiency with Python is a must; NumPy, Flask, OpenCV, Pandas, Scikit-Learn etc.
- Advanced modeling skill set: machine learning algorithms, probability, statistics
- Experience or past knowledge of TensorFlow, Keras, and/or PyTorch
- Experience in data and predictive analytics with good understanding of deep learning algorithms
- Experience in building interactive web tools using open source frameworks
- Should have strong software delivery skills. Previous Data Engineer or Data Science engineer positions are huge plus
- Strong cross functional team member with strong communication skills