Data Science Manager
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
The Data Science Manager will be responsible for leading the development and execution of advanced analytic models and methods, including their efficient implementation in our software library. The position will span multiple brands and marketing teams locally and globally in an effort to influence customer behavior across a multitude of marketing channels.
The Data Science Manager will be responsible for understanding industry trends in both analytical methods and data augmentation to drive positive shifts in customer behavior for our clients.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in applied analytic modeling, machine learning, algorithms, and building high-performance, object-oriented, software libraries.
The Data Science Manager will serve as the project lead for one or multiple projects, owning the technical aspect of client deliverables and internal capabilities. The candidate will be expected to lead multiple Sr. Data Scientists, Data Scientists, and Graduate Interns in the planning, execution, and delivery of critical projects with minimal oversight.
The leadership capacity of this role will increase over time as the team grows.
Furthermore, outstanding written and verbal communication, creative problem solving and ability to manage multiple responsibilities and deliverables is required. Must be able to develop strong relationships with agency offices, partners, and team members.
- Reporting to the Sr. Director of Analytics and working closely with cross-functional team members, lead the delivery of analytics services including:
- predictive modeling
- machine learning
- recommendation engines
Desired Skills & Experience
- Design and lead the creation of an object-oriented, portable, scalable, robust, reliable, efficient, reusable, and testable library of data science capabilities
- Design and lead the pipeline architecture for data science models
- Create dashboards and visualizations of processed data
- Communicate unique insights or issues uncovered through working with the data
- Proactively identifies potential data enhancements and augmentations from external data provides
- Use predictive analytics and machine learning to drive business decisions
- Support the development of measurement strategies, identifying key metrics to track and report on
- Delivers hands-on strategic modeling activities such as customer segmentation, targeting strategies, lifetime value, in-market timing, loyalty, response/engagement optimization, machine learning and quantitative support for ROI analyses and other modeling activities
- Work directly with client service and technical teams, and potentially directly with clients, to identify modeling goals
- Tracks and reports on our initiatives, successes, and lessons learned, and packages outcomes in a client facing presentation
- Prioritize tasks and work assignments, ensuring timelines and commitments are met
- Participates in ad hoc special projects as required, and other tasks as assigned
- Manipulate, cleanse and perform statistical analyses
- 4+ years experience in delivering analytic results using tools such as Python, Spark, R, etc.
- 4+ years designing and implementing high-performance software libraries using tools such as C++, FORTRAN, MPI, OpenMP, CUDA, OpenCL, etc.
- 4+ years working with structured and un-structured data using tools such as SQL, MapReduce, Spark, etc.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field including Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent experience. PhD preferred.
- Familiarity with advanced analytics techniques (e.g., decision trees, regressions, neural networks, sentiment analysis, survival and time-series forecasting, collaborative filtering, etc.)
- Experience cleansing, manipulating, and transforming data
- Experience creating and conducting dynamic presentations
- Experience in any of the following: business strategy and presentation, financial analysis, and/or consumer market research would be an asset
- Highly organized with an ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly professional and presentable with a strong business acumen
- Travel required
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance