Data Scientist (Personal Valuation Team) at Epsilon
Positioned at Publicis Groupe's core, Conversant is a marketing tech platform that helps brands transform ordinary customer experiences into meaningful, human experiences. The Conversant platform powers a connected suite of products and services called Epsilon PeopleCloud, combining leading-edge identity management, industrial-strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over five decades of working with the industry’s top brands. Our human-powered, data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help brands create exceptional business outcomes. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
External Title: Data Scientist
Internal Title: Decision Science, Scientist
As a Data Scientist in our Decision Sciences R&D organization, yyou will be responsible for researching and building machine learning, natural language processing, and recommender system applications to extend Epsilon CORE Personalization Platform. Epsilon CORE Personalization Platform analyzes anonymized data at Internet scale and evaluates more than one trillion advertising opportunities per month in real-time. You will work on real-world problems as part of our highly collaborative R&D team, and your solutions will directly and rapidly impact our business. This includes analyzing raw source data and derived data, researching and developing models, algorithms, and applications, building tools and analyses for new and existing products and presenting findings.
- Develop an understanding of Epsilon CORE Personalization Platform and proprietary datasets
- Use your machine learning expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving our technology and business problems
- Design, implement, and validate your solutions in Apache Spark and Apache Hive using Scala or Python on large state-of-the-art computing clusters.
- Work with our Engineering teams to integrate your solutions into Epsilon’s CORE Personalization Platform
- Participate fully in our collaborative approach to research and applications projects
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Operations Research, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, or related scientific discipline
- Research experience and coursework in Optimization, Control Theory, Machine Learning, or Simulation
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark, or related technologies
- Familiarity with Scala, Python, SQL, or Java
- Strong understanding of modeling and statistical techniques
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
ADDITIONAL USEFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS
- Experience with Recommender Systems, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Mathematical Optimization, Control Theory, Time-Series Analysis
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.