Data Scientist - Versay at Vail Systems, Inc.
Data Scientist – Versay
Versay LLC Company Profile
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that just can't be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to shape our perceptions and experiences. At Versay, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics, Versay technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
As more people interact through omni-channel connections with their favorite and key business partners the opportunity to provide a unique, personalized experience is at hand. At Versay we are studying how millions of customers communicate through voice, chat, social media, and websites and use this information to personalize a customer experience.
We're looking to add a data scientist to our real-time analytics team. This team is on a mission to explore the wealth of voice data available looking for insights that may lead to new and powerful business applications. Like the data we're analyzing, the work is unstructured and the solutions aren't always clear. It makes for a continual challenge that will require a person with:
- An analytical and creative mind
- A keen eye for pattern recognition
- Natural mathematical ability
- A computational mindset
- A high tolerance for ambiguity
- A highly collaborative disposition
- A positive disposition and a can-do attitude
- The maturity to perform research independently
Essential Responsibilities and Deliverables
As a data scientist, you'll be analyzing and experimenting with interaction data to find patterns in system or user behavior that can be used to inform business actions. For example, you will be involved in the analysis of millions of caller interactions to uncover patterns how caller behavior over various vectors such as Time of Day, Determined User Experience, Previous User Patterns, Current User Behavior, Determined Customer Need. You will help determine new and useful patterns in the data. You'll then develop prototype applications in Python, MatLab, or R, that recognize these patterns to generate real-time event data that can be channeled into user applications. Most of your work will be done from either our Deerfield headquarters or our offices in the Chicago loop, but you should also expect to interact directly with our clients from time to time.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Research or work experience focusing on mathematics, data science or software development
- Prior experience in quantitative analysis involving mathematical probability, stochastic calculus, Bayesian inference, time series analysis and machine learning
- Academic or professional experience developing statistical or pattern recognition applications in MatLab, R, or Python
Ideally you will also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience with statistical coding involving machine learning or pattern recognition especially in audio applications
- An understanding of or interest in linguistics and conversational systematics
- Application development experience in an advanced object-oriented language such as C++, Python or Java
If you enjoy solving complex puzzles; if you are fascinated by the dynamics of human communication; if you want to help develop technology that helps people communicate more freely and effectively; talk to us about being a quantitative analyst.